Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Changes

As I wake up every morning I come to the realization that I am one day closer...
One day closer to driving to Vegas
One day closer to driving 27 hours across the country
One day closer to starting my job
One day closer to picking up my life in Utah and starting a new life in Ohio

As I look back at my last post I am amazed at how much has been accomplished. I have finished my last day of work, I have sold my apartment contract, I have said good-bye to family and friends in Utah and Rexburg, and I have packed my car. When I make major moves I tend to become focused on the end result and forget to enjoy the journey. I am not as motivated to be social becuase I do not have the energy for that. As much as I would love to just be in Ohio, I am reminding myself to slow down and enjoy the journey. The result has been wonderful, I have been able to see so many great friends who have had a substantial influence on my life, and what a perfect time seeing as today is Valentine's day! 

I am usually not thrilled at the idea of celebrating mushy love in a commercialized holiday. But this year as I have been thinking about the meaning of Valentines I realized that it does not have to be a holiday for couples who can't keep their hands of each other, it can be a holiday to celebrate the people we love in our lives. I mean how often do we tell our friends how much they truley mean to us? I find myself afraid to share my feelings with my friends because I'm afraid of what they might think.

--Abrupt subject Change--

It's amazing how much things can change in one instant, based on one decision. Yesterday I woke up without a care in the world, showered, started a blog post which I assumed I would finish later, got ready for a lunch date with Melissa, and then walked out the door, not realizing that my life was about to change regardless of whether I wanted it to or not. As I walked out the door I thought, "what would I do if I walked out of the house and my car wasn't parked there" and then I just laughed to myself because that sort of thing just doesn't happen. Imagine my shock when I walked out of the door and headed towards my car, only to find out that it wasn't there! A million thoughts flooded my mind in just a few short secondes(keep in mind I had my ENTIRE life in that car, clothes, journals, books, camping equipment, old pay stubs, litterally my ENTIRE life), I went from thinking I parked it somewhere else, to wondering if it got towed, to accepting the fact that my car with 99.9% of my belongings was stolen. The rest of the day was filled with lots of tears and phone calls, after all I had my whole trip planned out. I was leaving for Vegas on Tuesday (today), I didn't have time or money for my stuff to be stolen. After 24 hours I have come to accept that everything is gone, and I am not upset that my car is gone, or my clothes, or both pairs of my glasses, or my makeup, or my passport and social security card, or my new shoes I just bought for way to much for my new job, or even my Chacos (all 3 pairs I had in there), I am furious that they have all of my journals from college and wall hangings from China. My love language is words of affirmation so imagine my sorrow when I realized that that every kind word that was said to me throughout the years and was written in my journal is now out of my possession potentiall forever. I have to try not to think about everything that was in the car because I start to weep as I realize I have just lost everything
Regardless of what I don't have I do have to be grateful for what I do have, I had my wallet, cameral, and my laptop. As well as:
1. A pair of jeans
2. A pink cardigan
3. My laptop and camera
4. My wallet (which is a blessing because I ususally leave my purse in my car)
5. My scriptures.
6. My phone
7. Two shirts
8. Two pairs of shoes
9. A curling iron
10. A pearl necklace from China
11. A sweatshirt
12. Yoga pants
13. Two study guide books for the NCTRC exam
14. My diploma for my bachelor's degree
15. A swimming suit
16. A towel
17. My favorite blue scarf
18. A winter coat
19. A pair of tights
20. A half of a bottle of hairspray

Luckily I have amazing friends and family that have been so supportive while I've litteraly cried until I didn't think I had any more tears to cry. I know everything will work out. I'm still going to Ohio, I'm still going to be a recreational therapist. Nothing is going to get in my way.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl. Give me your address when you get to Ohio and I'll send you some mascara... I just got a new tube, but I noticed it has your name on it. Glad to hear an update on your life. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tiff. I'm sorry to hear about this. I remember my backpack being stolen once with my favorite pair of jeans, and I still can't imagine how hard it must be for you! I'm so proud of you for staying positive and pushing through!! :) Good luck with everything! Keep being strong! You'll be in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete