Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today I grudgingly boarded Northwest flight 357 on my way to San Francisco to pick up the 10 girls I would soon be leading and living with for the next 4 1/2 months. I was reluctant to leave me new found friends in Rochester and was not sure about why I signed up to go to China again, after all I had already seen the sights and experienced the life 2 years before, and in my opinion that was enough for me.
After a LONG and sleepless flight to Taipei, and eventually Shanghai we would soon arrive at the Tsing Ying School in Changzhou, China where a NASTY "western meal" would be waiting for us (which I regretfully made the girls eat the next morning... I am SO sorry).
Our teaching builiding
Here is a brief list of things I miss about Changzhou, China (not in any particular order):
1. The dumplings
2. Hanging out with the girls
3. Getting to see all of the girls grow through their experiences in China.
4. Going to church
5. Riding the bus
6. The street vendors
7. The time I had to relax and refocus my life
8. The chaos and randomness of every day life

Compared to my first trip in China this second trip was amazing and it has everything to do with the 10 amazing girls I went with. I could not have asked for a better group. They did everything I asked of them (even when it was ridiculous and I changed my mind a million times) and NEVER EVER caused drama amongst themselves. I seriously love them all so much and couldn't imagine what my life would be like without them in it. I have learned great important lessons that have been instrumental in changing my life for the better.

P.S.: Clearly I didn't post a picture a day. I apologize, life has been crazy since my internship started and I am still trying to get into a routine. I'll hopefully start posting them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment