Sunday, November 14, 2010

Seasons of Love

Now I'm not normally one to use song lyrics to make a point, but thanks to the two annoying drunk guys on the Haleiwa beach I was inspired to look up the song lyrics to Seasons of Love from Rent. After all that I have been through in the past year I thought these lyrics were appropriate,

"Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes

Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear

Five Hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes

How do you measure-measure a year?
In daylights-In sunsets
In midnights - in cups of coffee
In inches - In miles
In laughter - In strife
How about Love
Measure your life in Love''



I had 94 sunsets over the Pacific Ocean
I traveled 1248 miles to and from work
I laughed so hard I wanted to cry 3 times
I went in the ocean 6 times
I went through the temple open house 3 times
Played 14 hymns for sacrament meeting
Prepared 3 lessons for the Relief Society sisters
Donned snorkeling gear 1 time
Saw polynesian dancing 1 time at the Polynesian Culture Center
I commemorated the men who lost their lives at Pearl Harbor 2 times
I don't regret any of the 137, 235 minutes 


I am now making preparations to leave Hawaii in 4 days and I am so sad. After a rough beginning I have just started making friends who I will be so sad to leave. There are some pretty amazing people down here and I will miss them so much. I have experienced a lot while I've been here in Hawaii...and I would never regret those rough days because it was during those days that I have learned the most about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment