Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Camping trips

I am not quite sure where the summer went. I can't believe the leaves have already started to change, football season has started, and it is finally time to pull those sweaters out of the back of the closet.

Despite all the stress this summer which has added a few wrinkles to my face and a few pounds to my physique, I walked away with quite a few great memories. I got to go camping at Strawberry reservoir, the Tetons in Idaho, Glacier National Park, and Yellowstone National Park. Both trips were quite memorable (as any one who has gone camping with me will agree). I absolutely love camping and am so grateful for Steve, Melissa, and all my other spring summit friends who have taught me the beauty and art of camping. I have been able to pass the joys of "truth or dare" and how to efficiently do a steam roll onto a new generation...  GO Wild Stallions!!!

Of course it wouldn't be a camping trip without a few ridiculous stories... like the time the bird pooped on me, or the lake we swam in that gave me 170 bug bites which then itched so much that I decided to take benedrayl for the first time in my life which than induced an ability to move any muscle and made me so nauseated that all I can say was "this is the worst" about 175 times.
 


It isn't camping without a game of "truth or dare or steam roll"

A new pintrest recipe... I have made it ever single camping trip!!





Took the wrong trail down... and this is exactly how I feel about it.








No comments:

Post a Comment