Monday, January 7, 2013

A New Day... A New Year

"Hang on the walls of your mind the memory of your successes. Take counsel of your strength, not your weaknesses. Think of the good jobs you have done. Think of the times when you rose above your average level of performance and carried out an idea or a dream for which you had deeply longed Hang these pictures on the walls of your mind and look at them as you travel the roadway of life. ~Attributed to Whistler by Sterling W. Sill, "Great Experiences," Ensign, June 1971, 43.

2012 has been quite the year. Here are the top 20 memories that are hanging in the walls of my mind from 2012.

1. I got to see one of my babies at work take his first steps.
2. I had the best job in the world at the Cleveland Clinic Children's hospital.

3. Ran my first 5K in Ohio City

4. I went to church in the Kirtland Temple.
  5. Relaxed and enjoyed the sunset at Lake Erie

6. Visited my dear friends Holli and Annie in Washington D.C. (Can you believe it's been 5 years since we met each other in China!)




7. I moved yet again half-way across the country to be back in Utah.
8. Tried anti-gravity yoga.

9. I went to the Christmas Story house.

10. Saw the giant cherry on the spoon, thank you MN for this piece of art

11. Climbed Mt. Olympus

 12. Got to see my Great-grandpa and his wife Florence
13. Ran my 2nd 5k, in a ridiculous Santa suit, it gave new meaning to "jingle, all the way!"
14. Ran my 3rd 5K on Thanksgiving with my aunt

 15. Got to meet my baby cousin Mary

16. Seeing old friends is always the best

17. Went to my first concert with these great ladies!
18. I got to see my China girls again (Love them so much!)

19. Ran a 10k in Moab (I don't think the world is ready for these pictures!)
20. Chopped down a Christmas tree

Here are a few things that I am looking forward to doing in 2013:

1. Learn how to ski
2. Take the GRE
3. Go outdoor rock climbing at least once
4. Increase confidence in myself
5. Run a half marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment